Country Guesthouse Schonegg has five guest rooms – each with flexible configurations. Schonegg can accommodate up to 14 people. All rooms have a AAA Tourism 4 1/2 star rating, the highest rated accommodation in the Murrumbateman and Yass area.
Guest rooms- All rooms feature reverse-cycle air conditioning, shaded private decks, CD stereos, flat-screen TV/DVD players, ceiling fans, tea and coffee making facilities, fresh flowers and fluffy bath robes. Our Deluxe room includes in-slab heating and a Queen-sized sleigh bed. Premium rooms feature King-sized beds.
Tariff includes breakfast - Rates are per room, per night and include a glass of local wine and canapes, a sumptuous continental breakfast buffet and a la carte cooked breakfast.
Easter & Long Weekend Bookings – Please note a minimum two night stay applies
Current Room Rates
|Room Type||Room||Midweek||Friday & Saturday*|
|Deluxe||Cabernet Sauvignon Room – relax in your own private double spa with views to the hills.||Single $120
|Premium||Chardonnay Room – our spacious family-friendly room. King sized bed plus a single. Ensuite.||Single $120
|Premium||Viognier Room – this ensuite room is ideal for those requiring accessible accommodation.**||Single $120
|Single $170 Double $190|
|Premium||Riesling and Shiraz Rooms – each with a private double spa, the best rooms in the house!||Single $120
|Extra bed in the same room – includes breakfast||$ 40 per person|
|Indulgence Extras – When you’re ready for just a little more pampering. Includes spa kit, sparkling wine on ice, a selection of chocolates and scented candles.||$ 70 per room|
|Pets – subject to our Pet Rules below||$ 20 per night|
|Stay Longer additional nights, excludes Friday and Saturday nights||$ 129 per room, per night|
* Friday & Saturday rates are applicable on the Sunday night of a long weekend.
** Purpose-built to offer accessible accommodation. The Viognier Room complies with Australian Standard 1428.1 for accessibility. For more details, view Accessible Accommodation Notes. Accessibility Notes
Children -We welcome children 8 years and over. Country Guesthouse Schonegg is not suitable for children under this age.
Smoking - No smoking is permitted indoors. Smoking is permitted outside.
Pet friendly – Pets are comfortably accommodated at Schonegg in our ‘pet-friendly’ rooms, the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Viongier, subject to your acceptance of our pet rules. We ask that you confirm (via fax or email) your acceptance of these rules. Schonegg Pet Rules
What you can expect
- Absorb the tranquility of 8 rural hectares, watch the sun set from your deck.
- The guest lounge and dining room are air-conditioned with access to shady terraces. Each features a cozy slow-combustion fire when it’s cold outside.
- An indulgent breakfast awaits, begin with a continental breakfast buffet featuring cereals, fresh-cut fruit, home-baked bread, cold cuts, complimentary sparkling wine and Evelyn’s famous jams. This is followed by an a la carte cooked breakfast.
- Wreless LAN is available in the dining room and on the dining room terrace. A fee of $5.00 per day applies.
- Friendly and professional hospitality and an outstanding experience. Schonegg has won 9 major Canberra and Capital Region Tourism Awards since opening in 2003. Schonegg also holds Tourism Industry Council Accreditation.
Specials and Packages
We offer a range of specials and packages.
Reservations and Deposits
Click the button below to check the availability of your preferred date(s).
You can also book online using the button above. If you prefer, you can email email@example.com or call (02) 6227 0344 with your reservation request. We recommend you book early, especially if you would like to stay on a Friday or Saturday night.
We require a minimum 50 % deposit (based on your anticpated accommodaiton cost) to confirm your booking. This can be made by direct debit or credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We will supply details on payment methods when we reply to your inquiry.
If you cancel your visit:
- More than one week prior to arrival – we will send you a non-transferable accommodation voucher to the value of your deposit valid for 6 months.
- Less than one week prior to arrival – your deposit will be forfeited.
- Less than 24 hours prior to arrival – you will be charged the full value of your booking.
When calculating arrival we assume 2.00 PM check in. Cancellations to be advised via phone, mobile or email.